Each year, the team at Insurance Guide Local offers a $500 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve communities as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities.
- Applicants must be US Citizens.
- Applicants must provide proof of current enrollment or acceptance at an accredited college or trade school.
- Applicants already attending college must be able to show that they are maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Applicants who have not yet started their first college semester, must have achieved a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher and provide documentation of such.
- Essay submissions must be received no later than Midnight, Pacific Time, May 15th each year.
- Write an essay at least 500 words in length and no more than 750 words on the specified topic (see below).
- Submit the essay in MS Word, Adobe PDF, or Plain Text format to scholarships “@” insuranceguidelocal.com prior to Midnight, Pacific Time, May 15th each year.
- Include your name, phone, and email address in your submission email.
- Include proof of your current school enrollment or acceptance for future enrollment.
- Include a copy of your most recent college transcript or your final high school transcript if you are newly enrolled in your college or trade school.
Other Important Information:
- Applicants who do not follow all instructions or submit all required information will not be considered and will not be notified of such.
- Essay Topic: As you look ahead to finishing school and entering your chosen profession, what is it that will set you apart from others in the same field? Other questions to consider as you write: What will you do to bring unique value to your work? What will you do to prevent being just mediocre in your vocation?
- Essays will be judged on many factors including grammar and punctuation, structure, creativity, and substance.
- The Insurance Guide Local College Scholarship can only be used for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $500 will be made payable directly to the award recipient’s educational institution.
- Students who have already been a recipient of our scholarship, may not apply again.
For questions please contact us.